Which type of a printer is right for your business?
Buying a printer might look like an easy task but there are a lot of things to consider before buying a printer suitable for you. One of the main challenge you might face is the to decide between an Inkjet or Laser printer.
Laser and Inkjet printers are both amazing printers but they have different functions, the basic differences between inkjet and laser printers is that inkjet printers use liquid ink which is sprayed through microscopic nozzles onto the paper, whilst laser printers use a toner cartridge and a heated fuser. The major difference between the laser and Inkjet is that only the inkjet model can print colour pages that are beautiful but laser printers can only colour copies which are less attractive.
Inkjet Printers are best for home offices or small businesses that don’t print a lot of files. It is also suitable for businesses that need to print high-quality images and photos.
What are some of the advantages of Inkjet Printers?
• Inkjet Printers have a lower start-up cost than laser printers.
• Ink cartridges are basically cheaper than toner, the other advantage is that they can be easily refilled.
• The quality of the prints is second to none and you cannot campare it to laser printers in that regard.
• Inkjet printers are flexible because they can print on different types of paper, textures and fabrics.
• It an be used immediately without any warm-up.
• Inkjet Printers are quite portable and easy to move around
Laser Printers are suitable for big businesses that require a lot of printing.
What are some of the advantages of Laser printers?
• They offer lower cost per page and long-term costs for businesses that have high printing volumes
• Laser printers are quite faster than inkjet printers
• They come with larger paper trays so you don’t have to refill orften
• Laser toners are less wasteful than replacing ink cartridges
Having looked at all this information, the decision on whether you should buy an inkjet or laser printer depends sorely on your business’ needs. Inkjet printers are the best option for businesses that don’t print a lot. If your business require colour printing and high-quality images, then Inkjet is the way to go.
Companies with large print jobs mostly in black text can make use of laser printers as they are superfast and cheap because toner lasts longer than ink cartridges.